Collection of information
We collect information about you when you actively submit information to www.mirandamakaroff.com, subscribe to the newsletter, request for quotation, place an order, and/or participate in other activities on the website. The personal information that we collect can include, for example, your name, your email address, your private address, your phone number and similar identification data, information about an online purchase and on your navigation of the website.
When submitting information, you will always be informed whether the input is voluntary or a requirement for the implementation of the desired action, such as completing a transaction in our webshop.
Entering your details and subscribing to the newsletter means that you are giving Miranda Makaroff your consent to collect and process your personal information, for the purpose of sending you our newsletter. Only Miranda Makaroff will receive and be able to access your information and you may withdraw your consent at any time.
How we use personal information
Personal information is collected and used for the following purposes:
- Request for quotation
- Fulfilment of an order in our webshop
- Subscribing to a newsletter
- Management of user account/profile
- Participation in events
- Transmission of other marketing material, including coupon codes
- Summary of purchase history
- Statistics and analysis of traffic on www.mirandamakaroff.com
- Other marketing measures
The use of your personal information for the sending of marketing material will only take place if you have previously submitted your explicit consent, unless the act provides for the possibility of that we can contact you without you having given us your consent first.
We maintain statistics about which areas of the website our users visit and what products are users’ favourites. These data does not contain personal information. The collected data gives us knowledge about how users use the website. This information is used to improve the website. We do not sell or in any other way disclose information about our users’ use and navigation of our website and we neither sell nor distribute information about your purchases to a third party.
Disclosure to other data controllers
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located. As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Link to other websites
When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Deletion of personal information
We delete your personal information when we no longer need to process it in order to fulfil one or more of the purposes as stated in above in the ‘How we use personal information’ section. The information may be processed and stored for longer than this, in an anonymised form.
This section explains what cookies are and how we use them. You should read this policy to understand what cookies are, how we use them, the types of cookies we use i.e, the information we collect using cookies and how that information is used and how to control the cookie preferences. You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. The cookies are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make the website more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
The third-party cookies used on our websites are used mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
What type of cookies do we use?
- Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket and checkout securely.
- Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit etc. These data help us understand and analyze how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
- Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing contents on the website on social media platforms.
- Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
- Marketing: Our website displays advertisements. These cookies are used to personalize the advertisements that we show to you so that they are meaningful to you. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns. The information stored in these cookies may also be used by the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
|No records found|
How can I control the cookies preferences?
Please refer to Google’s instructions for how to deselect Google Analytics on the internet.
Different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.
You are entitled to gain insight into the information that we process about you (subject to certain statutory exclusions). You are also entitled to raise objections to the collection and further processing of your personal information. Furthermore, you are entitled to have your personal information corrected, deleted or blocked. You are additionally entitled to obtain information about yourself that you have given to us and to have this data transmitted to another data controller.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Age of consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.